To view your API key, you will need to:
- have verified your account. If you can't find the verification email, please contact support.
- determine which edition of Campaign Monitor you are using to follow the correct instructions.
Which edition are you using?
Select which edition of Campaign Monitor you are using to read the relevant instructions.
While the menu options can change, you'll know you're using the multi-client edition if "Clients" is listed in the header.
You'll know you're using the direct edition if the Campaign Monitor logo is in the top left.
Locating the multi-client edition admin API key
To access your admin API key in the multi-client edition of Campaign Monitor:
- Click Account Settings in the top navigation bar (if you don't see it, click Clients first).
- On the next page, below your company name and other details, click Show API Key:
IMPORTANT: The admin API key has access to an entire account and all of its data, including all clients under that account. Wherever possible, restrict access to specific clients by using a client API key instead.
Client API keys
To access a client API key:
- Click Clients in the top navigation.
- Select the client you want the API key for.
- Click Client Settings near the top right.
- Next to the client's name, click Edit.
- Click Show client's API info to reveal the client's API key.
Locating the direct edition API key
To access your API key:
- Click your profile image at the top right and select Manage Account.
- Click API keys, then click Show API Key:
IMPORTANT: Your API key grants access to your account and all of its data, so only use it with trusted third-party websites and applications.