How does pay per campaign billing work?
Pay per campaign billing means there are no up-front fees and no ongoing costs to use the product. Payment is only required when you want to send campaigns, making it ideal for clients who only send emails occasionally.
You can pay on behalf of the client, or set up the client to pay for themselves. The standard payment method is via credit card. If you don’t have a credit card, the only alternative is to purchase email credits in high volume (500,000 email credits or more), in which case we can arrange other payment options.
Putting clients on pay per campaign billing
To select pay-as-you-go billing for a client in your account:
- Click Clients in the top navigation, then click the relevant client name in your list.
- Click Client settings near the top right.
- Click the button in the middle of the page labeled See our payment plans (if the client is already on a monthly plan, click Change billing details).
- On the "Choose a plan" page, click pay per campaign at the bottom of the page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select the pay per campaign plan.
You, or your client, will now pay for services as you use them. You can either provide credit card details in advance, or we will prompt the account user for payment details when it’s time to pay.
Handy to know:
- To activate automated journeys for your client, you need to put them on a monthly billing plan.
- To send transactional emails, the client sending the email will need to be on a monthly billing plan.
- If you are reselling to your client, you can allow them to buy their own email credits. You can also mark up the prices to make a profit.
- It’s easy to switch between monthly billing and pay per campaign billing if your client’s spending habits change.
- Campaigns sent to 5 or less people are always free. This allows you to "demo" the product to potential clients without them having to provide credit card details.
- Campaign Monitor accepts five currencies for account billing, you can also change the currency for clients.
- Campaign Monitor charges GST on accounts based in Australia as required by law.