All invoices generated for your clients are non-branded, meaning there is no mention of Campaign Monitor.
By default, invoices include only the client's name at the top and your site name at the bottom. This article includes instructions for customizing invoice details, as well as information regarding international clients and taxes.
Here is a sample invoice for a client on monthly billing:
The arrows pictured above point to customizable text fields where you can display a phone number, website address, or any other relevant information.
Important: The text at the bottom of client invoices that reads "Thanks for using <Company Name>," references the site name applied to your account. This is editable in the "Customize" section of your account. If it is not updated from the default name, your client invoices will say: "Thanks for using Campaign Monitor."
Customizing client invoices
If you have set up a client to pay for their own campaigns, you can customize the text area on their invoice that appears below their name, as shown here:
To do this:
- Open Clients and select the relevant client name from your list.
- Go to Client Settings and click Edit next to the client's name.
- In the pop-up window, pictured below, type additional details into the text field and click Save details.
Edit your address
To edit your address on the invoice, shown in the text area below "Thanks for using <Company Name>," follow these steps:
- Open Account Settings from the top navigation bar (if you can't see it, click Clients first).
- Click Change account details, then type your information into the "Address" field.
- Click Save Changes.
Campaign Monitor charges GST on accounts based in Australia, as required by law. This applies regardless of the currency charged.
If you have international clients you can select different currencies for billing, but taxes such as VAT will not be displayed on invoices. Instead, you can customize invoices to display a VAT number.